The term “Smart City” is generally used to conceptualize a urban space in which digital technologies are used to enhance quality of life while saving resource consumption. A main characteristics of a Smart City is participation, cooperation and inclusiveness of citizens, that must be engaged more effectively and actively.
For the purpose, a strong integration between human, collective and artificial intelligence is necessary in a smart city, in order to improve city performance and wellbeing, reducing resource consumption.
Of course, ICT represent a critical aspect for Smart City design and implementation and innovative solutions are necessary to monitor and improve many aspects of a city life in real time, and hence to make possible the development of knowledge-intensive collaborative activities capable to adapt themselves to manage uncertainty and maximize the problem-solving capability of the city.
The workshop has the aim to focus on the innovative image-based applications for Smart City that – of course – involve a wide range of key sectors including intelligent mobility, health care and active aging, energy saving, e-government, tourism, e-justice, urban safety, etc.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Image-based Intelligent Transport Systems
- Support Systems for Visual Impaired People
- Image Processing for Touristic Applications
- Augmented Reality, Ambient Displays and Wearable Devices
- Image Processing for Mobile Applications
- Benchmarking and Quantitative Evaluation
- Image-based e-Health Applications
- Intelligent Urban Environment Visual Analysis
- Image-based techniques for Document Processing Applications
- Remote Sensing Applications for Smart City
- Image Analysis for Logistic Support
- Real-time Indoor and Outdoor Video Surveillance
- Real-time Scene Understanding
- Forensic Image Analysis
- Human-centred Activity Analysis
- Human-machine Interactions on Smart City Applications